Skip to main content

Mouse Control

One of the most important pre-keyboarding skills is how to use the mouse. The mouse hold is not intuitive and if learned wrong, becomes a habit that’s difficult to break. Here is an image that I've created to assist grades 1 & 2 students in learning how to use the mouse controls properly.  Don't forget to tell your students that they must put their hands in line with their wrist. The wrist should not be bent up or down when the hand is on a mouse.
Feel free to edit it as you wish :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Computer Handout

This is a handout that I created for grade 2 students to learn about types of computer and then solve two activities. Since I've created it few days ago, I'll have to wait till next year to try it out with my students. I'd like to know your feedback if you try it with your students.   Hope you like it!! Note: I created this handout using Adobe Illustrator . Types of Computer from Dana Al Rifai

Robotics

Implementing robotics in classrooms provides project based lessons that instill a lifelong interest in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in a uniquely engaging way. Grade 6 students followed step-by-step instructions to build their first VEX IQ robot, and then they developed it to construct different designs. Beyond robotics, students learned essential skills in teamwork and communication. What are you waiting for go ahead and start using them in your classroom:)

Trello Training Tutorial

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process. Trello can be used as an effective visual collaboration tool that can help in organizing various teachers’/students’ tasks. I created this tutorial as an assignment in my "Introduction to Educational Technology" course during the first semester of my masters in Educational Technology. Hope that you find it resourceful and easy to use.   Trello Handout from Dana Al Rifai